We are United Academics of Oregon State University. Through teaching, research, and outreach, we generate and share knowledge to advance lives, communities, and our understanding of the world in which we live. We believe that an empowered faculty will enhance the learning environment for our students, create stronger partnerships with our communities, and help build a better OSU for current and future generations. For these reasons, we are organizing our union.
United, we have the strength to:
- Champion academic freedom, rigorous discourse, and scientific inquiry
- Ensure shared governance of the university
- Secure working conditions that promote excellence and innovation
- Support myriad voices and invite new perspectives
- Protect the quality of education, research, and outreach
- Defend and uphold the principles of public education