Campus Reopening Bargaining
Impact Bargaining Around Campus Reopening
This has been a difficult time for many of us, and the prospect of being back on-site is exciting. However, many details must be worked out first. As you may know, new policies and procedures described in the Pathway to Fall guide introduce significant changes to the working conditions of OSU faculty and have raised a number of questions and concerns from all members of the OSU community.
This is why we will be negotiating the terms of the return to on-site work with the administration.
Upcoming Bargaining Sessions
Our next bargaining sessions will be:
- June 24th from 12 to 1 pm. Register to attend this session.
- July 20th from 12 to 1 pm. Register to attend this session.
To register for salary bargaining sessions, go here.
Member Feedback on Bargaining Priorities
In order to gather ideas from our members, we held four listening sessions between 5/26 and 6/2.
If you were unable to attend one of these sessions, you can still contact the Representative from your unit, who you can find here. If your unit is currently unrepresented, you can also reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org your questions and feedback.
Existing Agreements on COVID-19 Working Conditions
Below are the final memorandums of understanding we reached with the administration regarding the impacts of COVID-19. You can read a brief summary of these MOUs here.
- Memorandum of Understanding: COVID-19 Resumption of Onsite/In-Person Work
- Memorandum of Understanding: Faculty Enforcement of COVID-19 Related Policies
- Memorandum of Understanding: COVID-19 Impact on Reviews Promotion and Tenure
- Memorandum of Understanding: COVID-19 Impact on the Use of Start-Up and Discretionary
Bargaining Team Members
Bill Thomas, Botany and Plant Pathology
Dan Andersen, Political Science, AFT-OR
Filix Maisch, Mathematics
H Rakes, Women, Gender, and Sexuality Studies
Jan Medlock, Biomedical Sciences
Kathleen Stanley, Sociology