Contract and Impact Bargaining
Collective bargaining is one of the most important functions of any union. Through collective bargaining, our union is able to secure better working conditions and protections for our bargaining unit members. Our current collective bargaining agreement (CBA) is in effect through June 2024, but stay tuned for news and opportunities to get involved with preparation for contract reopener negotiations later this academic year.
Professor of Teaching Negotiations – Summer 2023
We’re in negotiations with the administration to figure out how the new Professor of Teaching category will work in practice. The Faculty Senate spent a few years working on the creation of a new Professor of Teaching category and negotiating its implementation is the final stage. If you’re interested in observing these negotiations please reach out to us to get the zoom details. Below are the proposals we’ve exchanged and our bargaining updates.
Oregon Paid Leave Negotiations – AY 22-23
During the 2022-2023 academic year we were in negotiations with the OSU administration around the implementation of Paid Leave Oregon (PLO). PLO is a victory for Oregon workers that establishes a new state-wide program that will provide up to twelve weeks of paid leave to most Oregon workers. In mid-July we reached a final agreement with the administration. You can read the final Letter of Agreement (LOA) here and the overview of this LOA here. All our proposals and updates from these negotiations are linked below.
- 7.20.23 Agreements on Paid Leave Oregon, External Letters for Promotion, and Other Updates
- 6.2.23 Updates from our May 31 bargaining session on Paid Leave Oregon
- 5.30.23 Updates from our May 25 bargaining session on Paid Leave Oregon
- 4.28.23 Updates from our April 26 bargaining session on Paid Leave Oregon
- 4.17.23 Updates from our April 12 bargaining session on Paid Leave Oregon
- 3.23.23 Updates from our March bargaining sessions on Paid Leave Oregon
- 3.3.23 Counter Proposal on Paid Leave Oregon
- 12.12.22 Update on Paid Leave Oregon Negotiations
- 11.29.22 Paid Leave Oregon Bargaining Update
- 11.1.22 Update on Oregon Paid Leave Negotiations
Want to learn more about our past negotiations? Below you can find the archive for previous rounds of bargaining.
Salary Bargaining: Financial uncertainty in 2020 triggered by the Covid-19 pandemic caused the administration and UAOSU to postpone salary increase negotiations until the spring 2021. You can find all the information about these negotiations here. You can see our members’ bargaining priorities here.
Campus Re-Opening Bargaining: The university administration’s plan to return our bargaining unit to onsite work in fall 2021 triggered impact bargaining. You can find all the information about these negotiations here.